- Technical Support: Technical services are designed to help strong microfinance institutions build strategy; strengthen their organization and operations; and design and implement new products and processes.
- Financial Products and Services: These are designed to help eligible core network members mobilize commercial resources and achieve high-levels of integration in financial markets.
- Policy Change Activities: Initiatives are aimed at transforming financial systems to benefit the poor, through the development of a conducive policy environment and concrete legislative action, and by building coalitions of microfinance organizations and engaging with policymakers and other stakeholders.
- Linkages and Learning: Activities include workshops, exchanges, and innovation partnerships, all designed as a way to transfer knowledge and to reinforce WWB's mission.
WWB-Medellin provides three types of loans:
- Basic loans: Individual loans where the loan size is determined based on cash flow analysis and repayment capacity.
- Seasonal loans: Very short-term loans with the objective of providing more liquidity to acquire stock to meet the demands of special holidays.
- Automatic loans for repeat customers: When clients have a proven repayment record, and have taken out three prior loans, they become eligible for automatic loans, with no assessment.