The mission of Liberty Bank and Trust Company (Liberty) is to provide cost-effective delivery of high-quality, innovative, customer-driven products and services with particular focus on the disadvantaged African American community, which traditionally has been financially underserved. Liberty strives to generate a fair return to shareholders while being an excellent corporate citizen. The Bank manages $335 million in assets, and is African-American owned. Liberty Bank and Trust Company is a certified Community Development Financial Institution.
Liberty makes loans in the following major lending areas:
- Personal Lending
- Personal Loans: Whether intended for a vacation or down payment on a new home, Liberty's personal loans make borrowing quick and easy.
- Automobile Loans: Helping individuals gain a better bargaining position when negotiating the price of a new or used car.
- Equity & Mortgage Loans: Liberty Bank offers a variety of construction loan programs to aid individuals in building a new home, as well as convenient and competitive home equity and mortgage loans for current and new homeowners.
- Business Lending
- Business Moneyline: Offering a credit limit sufficient to meet its clients needs, as well as the convenience of special access checks that allows individuals to access their lines of credit directly.
- Government Guaranteed Lending Programs: Liberty provides special assistance to the area's new and emerging small businesses, including working capital, equipment, and real estate or construction financing. Liberty provides this assistance through the use of various government programs that are designed for those businesses that have difficulty obtaining conventional financing.
Liberty Bank & Trust Co. serves the low- to moderate-income communities of Jackson, Mississippi and southeastern Louisiana. A majority of bank clients are African American; smaller populations are Latino and Caucasian. Eighty percent of Liberty's services target urban areas in Orleans and East Baton Rouge Parishes and Hinds County, Mississippi, therefore only one percent of its clientele lives in rural areas. Sixty-five percent of the bank's clients are women. The residents of New Orleans and Baton Rouge have high school education rates of approximately 78 percent. Crime and minority struggles are common hardships among Liberty's clientele.
Liberty Bank and Trust Co. operates a yearly loan portfolio totaling more than $119,000,000, which has grown steadily. These loans are made to small businesses, families, and individuals to aid with project financing, homeownership, and consumer purchases. Liberty's assets total more than $335,000,000. Liberty Bank gives citizens who never before had equal access to life's economic opportunities a chance. Minority businesses have been launched, educations have been financed and countless loans have been made because of Liberty's sensitivity to the special needs of its clients.
Liberty has experienced much success within the banking world, however we remains rooted deep within our local community. Liberty sponsors the Support Our Schools initiative, The College Fund, and an annual track meet that awards scholarships to talented student-athletes. Liberty Bank staff and officers volunteer countless hours of time, offering a helping hand to those who need it most in the communities that we serve. Liberty’s motto is “Doing Well While Doing Good”,and we always work hard to put these words into action, building people’s dreams while fostering a stronger community, and a stronger bank. Full Story