Opportunity Finance Network is the leading network of private financial intermediaries identifying and investing in opportunities to benefit low-income and low-wealth people in the U.S. Our financing delivers both sound financial returns and real changes for people and communities. Opportunity Finance Network originated more than $19.8 billion in financing in non-conforming urban, rural, and Native communities through 2007.
- Opportunity Finance Network works in three areas - financing, knowledge sharing, and policy.
We serve members, donors, investors, policy makers, and customers. We help capital flow to
opportunity markets - the people and communities that are outside the economic mainstream
- Investment Opportunities:
- CDFI Financing: Opportunity Finance Network manages a revolving loan fund for investors interested in providing financing to performance-based CDFIs nationally, Opportunity Finance Network manages a revolving loan fund for investors interested in providing financing to performance-based CDFIs nationally.
- CARS™, the CDFI Assessment and Rating System: CARS™ offers investors, funders, and the CDFI industry an objective, third-party rating and analysis of CDFIs to help you make investment decisions. Financing Products for CDFIs:
- CDFI Loans: Opportunity Finance Network offers loans and investments that range in size from $100,000 to $3 million, with loan terms ranging from three to ten years. All loans are non-amortizing (interest only bullets). Priority is given to CARS™-rated CDFIs. Through a partnership with Bank of America, Opportunity Finance Network has capital dedicated to small business lending.
- Opportunity Finance Network offers a range of financing products to national CDFIs to help them
achieve their mission. OFN's consulting services have assisted CDFIs and CDCs throughout the U.S.
in the development and growth of their organizations.
- Opportunity Finance Network's Financing Fund has helped improve the effectiveness of community
development financial institutions (CDFIs) all over the country, thereby increasing access to
capital for low-wealth communities and generating jobs, affordable housing units, and improved
- Opportunity Finance Network originated more than $19.8 billion in
financing in non-conforming urban, rural, and Native communities through 2007. This has generated
or maintained 191,381 jobs; 43,050 businesses and microenterprises; 577,736 housing units; and,
9,552 community facility projects. With cumulative net charge-off rates of less than 1.3%, we have
demonstrated our ability to lend prudently and productively in unconventional markets often
overlooked by conventional financial institutions.